New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Help, s+ two coin Sizzlin seven, code 21  (Read 3712 times)

Offline Oldironheads

• Oldironheads
  • New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Oldironheads New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Help, s+ two coin Sizzlin seven, code 21
« on: November 23, 2021, 12:34:22 PM »
Coin just falls straight through to Trey I have changed the coin I’ve cleaned all optics I’ve adjusted the
sensitivity screw the rake does not move when dropping coin any help would be appreciated
« Last Edit: December 21, 2021, 12:29:28 PM by knagl »

Offline Tilt

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 388
  • Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!
Re: Help, s+ two icon Sizzlin seven, code 21
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2021, 02:19:33 PM »
Code 21 is a coin-in tilt.  It doesn't have anything to do with the comparitor, it's telling you there's something wrong with the coin optics.  Coins should always fall straight through to the coin tray when the machine has an active error (21 in this case).  How did you clean the optics?  Did you disassemble it and clean it that way?  If so, then probably one of the emitters or receivers has failed and you'll need to replace them.

Offline Oldironheads

• Oldironheads
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2021, 03:20:59 PM »
thanks tilt. i just used a can of air . after your post i went ahead and took it all the way apart and cleaned it . no difference still code 21. any ideas where i could pick up a new one?
« Last Edit: November 23, 2021, 03:58:05 PM by Oldironheads »

Offline Tilt

• Sr NLG Member
  • Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2021, 04:17:02 PM »
I'd check with Jim (Midwest slots).  Hopefully that will get you back up and running again.

Offline Oldironheads

• Oldironheads
  • NLG
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2021, 01:20:53 PM »
I just received a new one today and installed it sadly it didn’t change anything still have the code 21. Any help would be appreciated.

Offline Tilt

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2021, 03:06:13 PM »
Well son of a gun.  Can you post a pic of the inside of your door including the optics?  Maybe we can spot something out of place? 

Offline Jim

• 1-513-984-2201
  • Supporting Vendors
  • Reputation Power: 300
  • Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2021, 03:34:00 PM »
Should have called before ordering parts, maybe we could have saved you some money.  Go to the s plus section, click on the first post, has all the information about a S plus machine. Find the FAQ section, find the coin optic test, do it and tell us what the results are, has this machine ever worked ?  with new optics, wiring could be the problem, the ten pin connector has had problems with connectivity, same issue as with the power connector, the connector becomes compressed inside the connector housing and doesn't apply much pressure to the pin to establish a solid connection., you can hold a light behind the connector, and look inside the connector openings, you will see the good connections are up against the  top of the opening, the bad ones are not. remove the connector, clean and re adjust.

Hope this helps
Jim

Signature:
MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma, Bally Alpha's , Williams-550, DOTS, BBU I don't have a WEB SITE, HOWEVER, I have hundreds of parts and reel strips and glass. If you need something, call or send me a pm. 

Offline Oldironheads

• Oldironheads
  • NLG
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2021, 04:05:03 PM »
Here are some more pictures

Offline Oldironheads

• Oldironheads
  • NLG
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2021, 04:08:51 PM »
And yes it worked for years I was changing the game chip and a pin/tooth broke off I ordered the same chip and here I am? .

Offline Tilt

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2021, 04:31:02 PM »
I don't see anything out of place in the pics.  Try the things Jim suggested.  Why were you changing the game chip?   Did you find the pin that broke off?  Is it laying somewhere in the machine where it could cause problems?
« Last Edit: December 08, 2021, 08:24:21 PM by Tilt »

Offline Oldironheads

• Oldironheads
  • NLG
« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2021, 07:52:46 PM »
It’s been a few years sence I was playing it, I must have been doing aset90, or something I don’t remember..The pin broke while I was straightening up the pin, my other game chip seemed like it paid out more often I had two with win I bought it in 2012. I put the set90, in and after that I had a 61,61-1 and now I’m back to the 21. Not sure how to do the optic test. Thanks again for y’all’s ideas I’m still trying to get it working again.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2021, 03:40:48 PM by Oldironheads »

Offline Tilt

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2021, 08:35:57 PM »
Ok.  I think you were changing the reel EPROM (SS Chip) that one changes the payback %, the Game EPROM is the SP Chip and changes the games operating system.

Here's a link to Jim's instructions on how to do the optics test.  You may have to press the self test button more than 3x depending on your SP chip.  Look for the 10_1 in the display.

http://newlifegames.com/nlg/index.php?topic=14723.0

Offline Oldironheads

• Oldironheads
  • NLG
« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2021, 06:07:57 PM »
Okay I pressed the reset 3 times winner paid read’s 10 1 I unplugged and removed the coin comparator and slide a popsicle stick in next piece under the comparator and nothing changes. I also pressed the little white button under the rust colored plug and nothing. Dose this mean this part is bad. I’ll add a picture

Offline Tilt

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #13 on: December 09, 2021, 06:27:36 PM »
Mine doesn't do anything at 10-1 either, but 11-1 and 12-1 change from 1 to 0 when I block the optics.  So give that a try.  Press the button till you get to 10-1, then turn the jackpot reset key.  It should turn to 11-1.  Now block the optics path with a popsicle stick, piece of paper or whatever.  It should goto 11-0 when you do.  Then turn the jackpot reset key one more time and it should show 12-1.  Block the path again and it should go 12-1 to 12-0. 

When done press the self test button repeatedly until the display goes blank and the reels spin.  Now press that little white button below the optics connector.  It should register a credit and you can hit the spin reels button to play it.

Let us know what works and doesn't from that.

Offline Oldironheads

• Oldironheads
  • NLG
« Reply #14 on: December 09, 2021, 07:24:46 PM »
Thanks for the response
Tried it on 10 0,11 1 and 12 1  and pressed the button under plug nothing no rell spin or number change?

Offline Tilt

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #15 on: December 09, 2021, 07:35:41 PM »
Follow the wires from your optics to the next connector you come to.  The optics wiring will go behind the comparitor mounting bracket, but not too far on the other side you should see another square connector.  Reseat that connector (pull them apart and plug them back in) and see if that changes anything.

Offline Oldironheads

• Oldironheads
  • NLG
« Reply #16 on: December 09, 2021, 07:47:48 PM »
I found two unplugged and plugged no change.?

Offline Oldironheads

• Oldironheads
  • NLG
« Reply #17 on: December 09, 2021, 07:50:34 PM »
Just a heads up I unplugged the rust colored plug while power on and the numbers changed like they were supposed to with the stick?

Offline Tilt

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #18 on: December 09, 2021, 08:57:32 PM »
Hmmm, that's interesting.  I wonder if you got a bad set of optics?  Seems pretty unlikely, but not impossible.  Let's see if Jim sees this and can offer any advice? 

Offline Oldironheads

• Oldironheads
  • NLG
« Reply #19 on: December 10, 2021, 07:54:16 AM »
I got the new comparator from Midohioslotmachines.com. I don’t know if any of y’all have heard of them they seem to be legit.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal