New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Beeping Noise  (Read 2145 times)

Offline rwalker192

• NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 50
  • rwalker192 Is on the verge of being accepted.rwalker192 Is on the verge of being accepted.rwalker192 Is on the verge of being accepted.rwalker192 Is on the verge of being accepted.rwalker192 Is on the verge of being accepted.
  • NLG
Beeping Noise
« on: November 26, 2021, 02:03:49 PM »
I have a IGT G20 that would not boot up, I checked the batteries and all were dead.
I replaced all the batteries and now I get no signal and there is a buzzing noise that seems to be coming from the brain box.
Any ideas as to where to go from here?
Thanks
« Last Edit: December 03, 2021, 08:05:45 AM by rwalker192 »

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 242
  • sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: Buzzing Noise
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2021, 02:23:04 PM »
If you replaced ALL batteries you will have to re-enable all games.

Offline rwalker192

• rwalker192 Is on the verge of being accepted.rwalker192 Is on the verge of being accepted.rwalker192 Is on the verge of being accepted.rwalker192 Is on the verge of being accepted.rwalker192 Is on the verge of being accepted.
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2021, 03:46:06 PM »
I thought I would, but I can't get the screens to come on, just says no signal.

Offline Tilt

• Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 387
  • Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2021, 07:43:47 PM »
Do you know the history of the machine?  Was it working prior to changing the dead batteries?

Offline rwalker192

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2021, 03:57:26 AM »
Yes it was working, then it would not load the game it would just go to the avp logo and stay there. After I replaced the batteries is when it started no signal and the buzzing noise.

Offline Slotman

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 29
  • Slotman New User barely matters.Slotman New User barely matters.
  • NLG
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2021, 11:04:27 AM »
Considering you have a 625 box with internal power supply I would bet that the buzzing is mechanical.  Possibly the fan hitting a wire?

First step is making sure you get POST.  Power on self test.  Do you get a beep from the motherboard a few seconds after powerup?

After that depending on the bios you may get some DOS looking writing prior to the splash screen.

If you dont get past POST you wont get anything and you will not get POST if the battery isnt seated properly.

Offline FireballJackpot

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 122
  • FireballJackpot Is an-NLG GOD!FireballJackpot Is an-NLG GOD!FireballJackpot Is an-NLG GOD!FireballJackpot Is an-NLG GOD!FireballJackpot Is an-NLG GOD!FireballJackpot Is an-NLG GOD!FireballJackpot Is an-NLG GOD!FireballJackpot Is an-NLG GOD!FireballJackpot Is an-NLG GOD!FireballJackpot Is an-NLG GOD!FireballJackpot Is an-NLG GOD!FireballJackpot Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: Buzzing Noise ... No AVP Boot screen
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2021, 10:24:47 PM »
Try Booting from your DIAG drive (Insert Ekey AND Diag into Brain Box USBs and then power ON - See 2nd photo). That will tell you if the OS HD loaders dumped.

If you CAN get into the DIAG menu, try wiping Cabinet Memory and Safe Storage (DO NOT Wipe the HardDrive or you'll DELETE all your games). See Photo.

If you see Hard Drive information (Capacity, Free Space, etc), then the HD is good (May still have a bad sector - but rare). Hopefully it's just corrupt NVRAM info, which a CM and SS Wipe will correct (restore to Default)

Hope this helps!
« Last Edit: November 27, 2021, 10:40:39 PM by FireballJackpot »

Offline rwalker192

• NLG
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2021, 08:05:01 AM »
Finally got back to the machine, I tried loading with the ekey but I get nothing. The screens say no signal and then the beeping starts. Nothing else. The beeping seems to be coming from the brain box.

Offline rwalker192

• NLG
Re: Beeping Noise
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2021, 08:06:58 AM »
Also the noise is a beeping noise that lasts about 1 second then stops and starts again.

Offline FireballJackpot

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 122
  • FireballJackpot Is an-NLG GOD!FireballJackpot Is an-NLG GOD!FireballJackpot Is an-NLG GOD!FireballJackpot Is an-NLG GOD!FireballJackpot Is an-NLG GOD!FireballJackpot Is an-NLG GOD!FireballJackpot Is an-NLG GOD!FireballJackpot Is an-NLG GOD!FireballJackpot Is an-NLG GOD!FireballJackpot Is an-NLG GOD!FireballJackpot Is an-NLG GOD!FireballJackpot Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2021, 09:05:28 AM »
Did you have your diagnostic Drive inserted along with your Ekey7 when you applied power and nothing happened??

If so, something has failed on your main board because when the machine boots, it boots directly from the diagnostic Drive and nothing else. Which means there’s a hardware failure on your main board or elsewhere in the brain box. I would double check to make sure you didn’t put the batteries in backwards. If you did, you may have damaged something on the main board.

Offline rwalker192

• NLG
« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2021, 09:19:27 AM »
Thanks, I agree I think it is the brainbox, Now to find on at a reasonable price!

Offline Tilt

• Topic Moderator
  • Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2021, 09:48:26 AM »
Try reseating the RAM SIMM(s) and the video/PCI cards.  That cured one I worked on recently that is doing the same thing as yours.

Offline Paul

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 49
  • Paul Might someday be someone...Paul Might someday be someone...Paul Might someday be someone...Paul Might someday be someone...
  • NLG
« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2021, 03:47:40 PM »
The Brain Boxes on these machines are just dedicated PC's.
Beeping on power up is a common sign of ram failure.
Reset the ram in the socket, or replace with known good ram.
If the beeping continues then the main board it the fault.
1st rule of electronic repair.
"Thou shall check voltages"
⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️

Offline rwalker192

• NLG
« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2021, 11:26:53 AM »
Thanks Tilt
That did the trick, everything is working as it should.

Offline Tilt

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #14 on: December 04, 2021, 12:51:16 PM »
Great!  I like the simple, inexpensive fixes  :applause:

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal