New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: BallonBars "DINGS-DING-DING....." after 2 coin payout  (Read 746 times)

Offline reinstolz

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • reinstolz New User has no influence.
  • NLG
BallonBars "DINGS-DING-DING....." after 2 coin payout
« on: February 11, 2022, 03:03:27 PM »
Hello... thank you for allowing me to join. I have a vintage, Bally (Maybe IGT??) BALLONBARS, round top, 3 reel slot in great condition. Everything works fine except when a 2 coin payout is hit, the coins are dispersed but the tower light flashes, the machine begins "DING-DING-DINGING" continuously and play stops until the Attendant key is reset, after which all is fine. This only happens with a 2 coin payout, all other amounts pay perfectly.

The display does not show any error codes.

Any thoughts?!?!?!
« Last Edit: February 11, 2022, 06:30:57 PM by reinstolz »

Offline Trisail

• Electronic Technician
  • Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 88
  • Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.
  • Power Supply and other electronics repair and help
Re: BallonBars "DINGS-DING-DING....." after 2 coin payout
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2022, 09:15:35 PM »
Sounds to me the maximum payout is set to 1 coin, then the rest is a handpay. Hence using the 'attendant/reset' key on the side of the machine resets the handpay and the machine can be played.

Has it worked ok before? Or is this machine new to you?
Have you changed any settings in the setup menu on purpose or by accident.  Some more history will help.

If you read some posts similar to this problem and a clear chip is mentioned- DO NOT USE A CLEAR CHIP - that will only make things worse.

If you can answer the above guestions we can help you get the machine working, but we will need more history.

As to whether this is an IGT or Bally machine - it looks like IGT S+. Post a picture of the inside.
Tony

You can fix almost any electronic device by replacing the aluminum electrolytic capacitors.

Offline Stayouttadabunker

• Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 411
  • Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2022, 06:44:57 AM »
It's definitely the older IGT S+ version with the small deck buttons and MPU located on the left wall of the cabinet.
Remember, the more you tell us - the better we can help you!

Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline reinstolz

• NLG
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2022, 08:54:51 AM »
Guys, I appreciate your input and time!!

I have had this since 03 and other than replacing the battery it's worked flawlessly. This started after the machine was sitting unused for about 6 months and I made no changes.

The receipt I got when purchased says "Ballonbars Round top, change glass to old style".

Any info about this is greatly appreciated. I do need to buy some small panel light bulbs. I have the twist, bayonet type but not sure what style or number bulb I need.

Thanks!!
« Last Edit: February 16, 2022, 09:55:03 AM by shortrackskater »

Offline reinstolz

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2022, 05:55:06 PM »
Sounds to me the maximum payout is set to 1 coin, then the rest is a handpay. Hence using the 'attendant/reset' key on the side of the machine resets the handpay and the machine can be played.

Has it worked ok before? Or is this machine new to you?
Have you changed any settings in the setup menu on purpose or by accident.  Some more history will help.

If you read some posts similar to this problem and a clear chip is mentioned- DO NOT USE A CLEAR CHIP - that will only make things worse.

If you can answer the above guestions we can help you get the machine working, but we will need more history.

As to whether this is an IGT or Bally machine - it looks like IGT S+. Post a picture of the inside.

Thank you for your comments. Do you have a suggestion as to what payout I should set this too?  I "think" I can figure that out but any help for this Slot Machine Dummy is appreciated.

Offline Jim

• 1-513-984-2201
  • Supporting Vendors
  • Reputation Power: 300
  • Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2022, 06:51:30 PM »
So what you are describing is every payout is correct except when one coin is bet and you get a 2 coin payout, it spits out the two coins
,then goes into an attendant handpay situation?

all other payouts are normal.

go to the s plus section, first subject matter, go to the how to guide, click on the flip cards, this document tells you every  test and setting on the machine, get into the test mode , advance to test #4, ( this is the test you are told to do to display what sp and ss chip is in your machine) there is another valuable test available, press the spin reels button, this will test each and every payout all the way down to the last payout, it will display the low payout in one window and then the high payout for each winning combo.

the first is the jackpot, then each press of the spin reels button will show the next winning combo, this also checks to make sure the reel strips are in the correct position.

since you don't have a bill acceptor, clearing your machine should not create any issues for you machine, it will all go to default settings.

Hope this helps

Jim

Signature:
MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma, Bally Alpha's , Williams-550, DOTS, BBU I don't have a WEB SITE, HOWEVER, I have hundreds of parts and reel strips and glass. If you need something, call or send me a pm. 

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal