New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: BB1 Reel Cabinet to BB2 Dual Screen 22"  (Read 5455 times)

Offline iramack

• Contributing NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 33
  • iramack Is working their way up.iramack Is working their way up.iramack Is working their way up.
  • NLG
BB1 Reel Cabinet to BB2 Dual Screen 22"
« on: October 25, 2014, 06:40:20 AM »
Hello all.

I am considering purchasing a (working) reel cabinet for future conversion to BB2 dual screen 22 inch video.  I was wondering what size top box I should get? Did any of these come with a correct size top box for the 22 inch monitor install or will there be a lot of bezel on the finished game?

I have an opportunity to get a nice working reel cabinet for 450.00 that I would set aside for conversion in the future.  Any theme recommendations (other than Monkees)?

I assume I would only need the BB2 cpu and the monitors to make this conversion go...............??? No printer or coin handling required.  Perhaps a led bet deck??

Thanks again for the input/advice.

Steve :thank_you:

Offline BettorSlots

• Supporting Vendors
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 47
  • BettorSlots Might someday be someone...BettorSlots Might someday be someone...BettorSlots Might someday be someone...BettorSlots Might someday be someone...
    • Bettor Slots
Re: BB1 Reel Cabinet to BB2 Dual Screen 22"
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2014, 07:39:55 AM »
It is possible to make the conversion and you want the top box that measures about 12 1/8" high.  Yes you need a BB2 board and software.  OLED button deck is not required but desirable and you will need some custom harnesses for it.  Coin and printer is not required for it to run. I will forewarn you that it takes quite a bit of work to fit a BB2 conversion kit into a BB1 cabinet.  You have to cut and modify the several areas of the cabinet.  You have to cut the door frame and speaker bar and make custom brackets to hold the top and bottom monitors in place.  You have to remove the BB1 reel shelf and harness setup and custom mount a BB2 reel shelf if you want a reel machine as an option.  You have to custom mount and power the BB2 reel controller board (if you are building a BB2 reel machine and not a video).  You have the option of taking apart the speaker assembly and repainting the grilles to black like we do to match a true BB2 machine.  If your building a BB2 video you will need custom power and comm harnesses for the top and bottom monitors.  And probably 5 other things I am forgetting to mention. 

Here's a video of a BB1 to BB2 reel conversion:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fpSl4fd75no&list=UUCzdFjlvuSDHJ6RreXD2LXA

Offline BettorSlots

• Supporting Vendors
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 47
  • BettorSlots Might someday be someone...BettorSlots Might someday be someone...BettorSlots Might someday be someone...BettorSlots Might someday be someone...
    • Bettor Slots
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2014, 07:48:03 AM »
Forgot to mention you need a proper sized bezel for the bottom 22" monitor which is hard to come by if you are wanting either a reel or video conversion.  I'll keep thinking of stuff.

Here's a couple pics of some video conversions we did.

Offline coolwavepic

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 101
  • coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2014, 06:23:42 PM »
As some who is going to start his BB1-BB2 conversion, can anyone chime in on what harness that needs to be changed for the 22" touchscreens? I assume this isn't like a Bally that uses a serial touch?
-------
Charles

Offline Harvs

• Think!, While it's still legal...
  • Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 167
  • Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2014, 06:34:31 PM »
As some who is going to start his BB1-BB2 conversion, can anyone chime in on what harness that needs to be changed for the 22" touchscreens? I assume this isn't like a Bally that uses a serial touch?
You are going to use the same pins/harness for the touchscreen itself, but will have to power the 22" monitor off of a brick or secondary power supply. The harness you have now that powers your 19" and touch does not have enough juice to power the 22" (from what I was told from a few people). I believe you can go the AVP power supply route, or a simple brick supply that matches your AMPs/WATTS on the 22.

Same goes for the topbox nontouch 22. That will need to be powered by a secondary supply as well. I think I spent $25 shipped for both the brick supplies I needed for my Kristel 22, and PowerTech? 22.

(Jim may know a bettor way to power them though. Ha  :cool_thumb_up:  / Stare at my avatar, Jim.......... BOO!)

What make/model touchscreen monitor do you have?

Offline coolwavepic

• Sr NLG Member
  • coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.
  • NLG
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2014, 06:51:01 PM »
Honestly, I'm not sure which touch to get. I bought a Ceronix for a Bally machine and sent it back because it was crap..ended up getting one from Wells Gardner for dirt cheap. Cheaper than what the vendors wanted and it was BRAND NEW!

It would be nice to get a brand new one for the WMS machine. Ceronix a good choice? I see that ceronix offers an AC and DC - Wide and Standard viewing angle.  Really need some feedback on this! The price difference is $200-$300!

As far as the top screen, I am just going with a NEC monitor. Can't think of the model number.
-------
Charles

Offline Harvs

• Think!, While it's still legal...
  • Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 167
  • Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2014, 07:11:26 PM »
Honestly, I'm not sure which touch to get. I bought a Ceronix for a Bally machine and sent it back because it was crap..ended up getting one from Wells Gardner for dirt cheap. Cheaper than what the vendors wanted and it was BRAND NEW!

It would be nice to get a brand new one for the WMS machine. Ceronix a good choice? I see that ceronix offers an AC and DC - Wide and Standard viewing angle.  Really need some feedback on this! The price difference is $200-$300!

As far as the top screen, I am just going with a NEC monitor. Can't think of the model number.
I used a 22" Kristel that was originally a nontouch topbox monitor.. I then bought a 22" Transmissive from southernslobs and removed the touch screen and harness off of that. Plug and play..

Sizzler may have sold his, but he had that entire set of monitors for a very fair price. 

Offline rickhunter

• Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 447
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2014, 10:39:38 PM »
The NEC I bought was NEC Display MultiSync E223W.  It is ac powered, so you just have to run an ac cable to the top box.  For the bottom monitor I bought a ceronix.  The wideview model is the way to go, it is an IPS monitor, so you can view it from almost any angle and the colors look good.  I bought the cheaper one due to budget restraints, but the IPS monitor is well worth the extra bucks.  The other one uses a TN panel and it has a smaller viewing angle, so that if you are not within the specified range, things begin to look bad.  Most low-end LCD monitors and laptop monitors use the TN panels, because they are cheaper.  You can see the difference by yourself.  If you go to say best buy and start looking at monitors, move from left to right and on the cheap TN panels you will see the color fade.  On the IPS panels you won't notice it until you get to a really extreme angle.

For the record, the NEC is a TN panel.

For the Ceronix, I had to make my own custom cable for power and touchscreen.  I chose the monitor that is powered by the machine, so I tapped into 24 and 12 volt power.  Since my top monitor is being powered by AC, the load is not all that bad, and I haven't had issues at all so far.  But if I had to do it all over, I would opt for the AC powered version, just one less thing hanging off the power supply.
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline coolwavepic

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2014, 03:09:35 PM »
So the question is, what ever monitor I buy, do you guys have any recommendations of where to buy one? I prefer new ones but if the price is right and the condition is excellent I would consider used.
-------
Charles

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal