New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: S+ error code 61-2  (Read 29455 times)

Offline Shaggy

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 143
  • Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: S+ error code 61-2
« Reply #80 on: March 11, 2015, 02:14:43 PM »
The bottom light flashes because the door is open. That's just a signal.
"All things being equal. The easiest explanation and the easiest answer is probably the right one".

Offline Jules

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • Jules New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #81 on: March 11, 2015, 02:23:45 PM »
Took another look at the back of my reset button
the wire colors seem to match the colors of 2 disconnected wires at the top right corner of my mpu tray
Do these need to be attached?  If not, where do the two wires green  and yellow and gray lead to?  Here are some pics of the wires.

Offline Jules

• NLG
« Reply #82 on: March 11, 2015, 02:27:55 PM »
Another pic.

Offline Shaggy

• Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #83 on: March 11, 2015, 03:04:15 PM »
If the wires are disconnected at the bottom, set your meter to ohms or if it has the tone setting (touch the two leads together and it beeps). With the power off. pull one off the button and see if the two ends "ring together". If both do I think you may have found your problem.
"All things being equal. The easiest explanation and the easiest answer is probably the right one".

Offline Jules

• NLG
« Reply #84 on: March 11, 2015, 04:03:39 PM »
Sounds good!  I will check it out later this evening or tomorrow and report back.  Thanks!

Offline Shaggy

• NLG
« Reply #85 on: March 11, 2015, 04:17:02 PM »
Here's a picture of my wiring the same color running to the Molex connector. Although mine is just yellow not yellow with a gray stripe. If your colors match check it out. With the power off it won't hurt anything.

Offline therockinelvis

• Capes are not just for Super Hero's
  • Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 173
  • therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #86 on: March 12, 2015, 04:46:02 AM »
Jules, you finally found it. Just plug those together. If the plug is bad you can splice them with solder and shrink tube. Now that damned little button will work and you might not have to do a clear. I think about 40 posts ago we suggested tracing those wires.
Thank Ya Thank Ya Very Much.

the rockin elvis

Offline Shaggy

• NLG
« Reply #87 on: March 12, 2015, 05:46:32 AM »
Jules, you finally found it. Just plug those together. If the plug is bad you can splice them with solder and shrink tube. Now that damned little button will work and you might not have to do a clear. I think about 40 posts ago we suggested tracing those wires.

You did!   :agreepost:

Offline Jules

• NLG
« Reply #88 on: March 12, 2015, 03:19:52 PM »
I think it was 49 posts later.  We can't all be fast learners.  Late last night I got home and screw capped the wires together.  I next started to do a clear and powered up the machine. Pressed the white button twice and was elated to see the numbers go up and down.  Unfortunately the story does not end here.  This morning I replaced the spring chip correctly and noticed the wire on the capacitor was broke.  Called New Games in Bullhead City and he said it would not hurt anything to try it.  When I replaced the board .  When I turned it on I got the famous 61 only error.  Pushed the self test button and got a 65- 1 error message.  Ordered another cap.  Will maybe try again tomorrow.  Thanks!

Offline Shaggy

• NLG
« Reply #89 on: March 12, 2015, 04:15:19 PM »
You're getting there. Sounds better all the time. :applause:

Offline therockinelvis

• Sr NLG Member
  • therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #90 on: March 12, 2015, 05:02:06 PM »
Jules, the 65-1 error should clear by pushing the test button again.  65-1 BAD EEPROM DATA press self test switch for 1 second, 65-1 clears. From the IGT manual

the rockin elvis

Offline knagl

• Kevin
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 169
  • knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #91 on: March 13, 2015, 01:33:14 AM »
Agreed with Elvis -- you should be able to get past the 65-1 error, and that's a pretty typical one.

For reference again, here's a listing of common IGT S+ error codes, and the steps to take to resolve them:

http://www.newlifegames.net/igterrors/
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! :)

Offline Jules

• NLG
« Reply #92 on: March 13, 2015, 11:54:47 AM »
Pressed the self test button for 2 seconds, closed the door and the wheels s.pun and got an insert coin light which I did and the wheels started to spin.  Only problem I can see is when the wheels spin the motor makes a humming sound and not a clicking noise when the wheels stop spinning.  Not sure if I have any volume and not sure the payouts are correct, but I have only tried playing it just a few times.

Offline therockinelvis

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #93 on: March 13, 2015, 12:05:38 PM »
Reel stop sounds and reel spin sounds can be set up. Did you use your set chip to turn on the BV and set the denom.? Since you did a clear you will need to do these and other settings also. Here is a very easy to follow instructions for this. http://newlifegames.com/nlg/index.php?topic=514.0. Print it out. It is good to have with your notes. So very happy you got it.

the rockin elvis

Offline Jules

• NLG
« Reply #94 on: March 13, 2015, 12:14:11 PM »
Can't thank you and the group enough----MANY THANKS!

Offline Jules

• NLG
« Reply #95 on: March 13, 2015, 08:01:58 PM »
Still working on this never ending saga.  Did a Set on my S+ today according to IGT instructions.  After doing so I still have no reel sounds other than the humming of the reels turning.  I have been able to insert a few coins, and watched the wheels spin.  I am now getting the 3300 empty hopper signal.  I have emptied it and shook the coins out and am still getting this constantly.  I have 1200 coins in the machine so this should be plenty I would think.  I have not tried the bill hopper yet.  I am able to cash out my credits when I am able to get them on the machine.  I am also having trouble keeping the insert coin light on.  I am using an SP 709 game chip so the 1271 chip suggestion sheet does not seem to be helping. 

Offline therockinelvis

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #96 on: March 14, 2015, 05:30:30 AM »
A 709? I thought all this time you had a 1271. Sorry. The 1271 is the most user friendly in my opinion. With that 709 you have to pull the MPU out. On the outside tray should be a diagram of the dipswitch settings. You can turn your sound on there. Or, because everything else was disconnected check the speaker on the bottom of the door. Easy access from the front drop door. I also guess you have turned the little blue wheel on top left of the MPU volume control.

the rockin elvis

Offline Jules

• NLG
« Reply #97 on: March 14, 2015, 10:38:16 AM »
Still getting the 3300 error, and wrong payouts.  Also, checked the dipswitch setting and the first 3 are on and the rest are off.  Checked the volume wheel on the top of the cpu board and nothing changed. Tempted to do another clear and start over.  I recall the person saying who I got it from that he had disconnected the speaker because he thought it was way too loud.  I checked the front door and could see no loose wires, but it would help if I knew what I was looking for??

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 448
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #98 on: March 14, 2015, 11:43:07 AM »
Open the "belly" door, it flips down.  The speaker is in the bottom left corner.  There are two wires there check to make sure they are plugged in.  I disconnect them when I play at night so I don't make noise.
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline Jules

• NLG
« Reply #99 on: March 14, 2015, 12:09:58 PM »
Not sure I can find a belly door and how do you go about flipping it down?  Is there a release of some kind on the door?
Thanks again for your time.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal