New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: OLED button panel / BB1  (Read 16793 times)

Offline Jimise

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 45
  • Jimise Might someday be someone...Jimise Might someday be someone...Jimise Might someday be someone...Jimise Might someday be someone...
  • NLG
OLED button panel / BB1
« on: February 28, 2015, 08:10:50 AM »
Do these OLED button panels work on the BB1?
If so, are they plug and play? What is required to get them to work.
Thanks everyone!

Offline idesign

• Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 150
  • idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: OLED button panel / BB1
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2015, 10:04:26 AM »
No, most of the games do not support OLED decks.  Only BB1/BB2 games do.
If it ain't broke don't mess with it.....

Offline Jimise

• Sr NLG Member
  • Jimise Might someday be someone...Jimise Might someday be someone...Jimise Might someday be someone...Jimise Might someday be someone...
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2015, 12:21:26 PM »
Ok. So if I remove the regular button panel from my BB1, I can then replace it with the OLED panel on my BB1? That is what I would like to know. I have heard they will work on BB1, I just wanted to know what all is required to do so. (wiring, programing, etc.)
Thanks everyone!
No, most of the games do not support OLED decks.  Only BB1/BB2 games do.

Offline idesign

• Topic Moderator
  • idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2015, 01:37:00 PM »
Yes you can replace your deck, but the only BB1 games that may work with it use SSSG 14XX and 16XX OS.  Even then some games do not support it.  The support for the OLED is in the games card and the programming is done by the OS.   You need a standard USB cable like used on a printer and 24V power cable.

Offline rickhunter

• Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 447
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2015, 05:49:33 PM »
What ^^^ said.  I pulled the 24v from one of the aux power connectors.  But some people use a dedicated 24 volt power brick to drive it.
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline Jimise

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2015, 01:10:59 PM »
Ok, this makes sense now. I installed the Queens Knight game, and in setup the oled option was in the menu.
So the panel will not work at all unless the option is listed in the menu.
Thanks for the info.
Yes you can replace your deck, but the only BB1 games that may work with it use SSSG 14XX and 16XX OS.  Even then some games do not support it.  The support for the OLED is in the games card and the programming is done by the OS.   You need a standard USB cable like used on a printer and 24V power cable.

Offline idesign

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2015, 01:28:35 PM »
Ok, this makes sense now. I installed the Queens Knight game, and in setup the oled option was in the menu.
So the panel will not work at all unless the option is listed in the menu.
Thanks for the info.

Well, not quite, it seems that there are some games that display that option but when selected, the OLED is not functional even though you select it.  The Star Trek series games for instance allow you to select the OLED but the OLED is not functional.  Your Queens Knight should not be a problem though.  Make sure you use SSSG1480 or higher so that the deck can be automatically programmed if it was set up for SSSG16XX games before.

Offline rickhunter

• Topic Moderator
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2015, 09:22:11 PM »
To add, I ran into a few games, especially in the 16xx family that would not work with oled in BB1 mode, but does in BB2 mode.
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline iramack

• Contributing NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 33
  • iramack Is working their way up.iramack Is working their way up.iramack Is working their way up.
  • NLG
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2015, 02:03:05 PM »
So what is involved in removing the standard panel and installing the OLED one? Are there any special steps, access etc.......??
Thanks,

Steve

Offline rickhunter

• Topic Moderator
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2015, 03:23:15 PM »
It's actually pretty easy.  If you have a video slot, you just remove the backlight to the glass with bracket, and the player tracking bracket.  Then you unplug the two molex plugs from your current button panel, and the whole thing just slides out.  Then you slide in the OLED panel.  Re-install the player tracking area and the glass with the backlighting.  Then you run an USB cable to the MPU from the OLED panel and add 24 volt power to the oled panel.  That just about covers it.

Offline iramack

• iramack Is working their way up.iramack Is working their way up.iramack Is working their way up.
  • NLG
« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2015, 05:55:06 PM »
Thanks Rick. That sounds fairly easy.

Now to find a nice one and a p/s to go with it!!!

Steve

Offline coolwavepic

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 101
  • coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.
  • NLG
« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2015, 06:15:22 PM »
So with the games that DO NOT work with the OLED panel, can you still use the OLED bottons, meaning they just don't display the bet levels or is it inactive and you have to install a regular panel back?
-------
Charles

Offline 777sizzler

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 129
  • 777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2015, 06:25:58 PM »
This is why folks build 2-3 diff. machines to meet their needs bb1/bb2/bb3 etc. etc.

Offline rickhunter

• Topic Moderator
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2015, 06:28:11 PM »
No, games that don't support the panel don't work, because they don't support USB input.  So it wont work at all.  I found that when I was using the oled panel with a bb1, only some games would work, but none of the new H13.xx games would work, at least not the ones I tried.

Offline coolwavepic

• Sr NLG Member
  • coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.
  • NLG
« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2015, 06:34:43 PM »
Good to know. As much as I want a Oled deck I can hold out a while longer. Maybe I'll fix up my Cinevision before I get a oled button deck.
-------
Charles

Offline coolwavepic

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2015, 06:35:40 PM »
This is why folks build 2-3 diff. machines to meet their needs bb1/bb2/bb3 etc. etc.

I agree Barry. That's why we can't just buy one. Hahaha
-------
Charles

Offline iramack

• NLG
« Reply #16 on: March 09, 2015, 08:10:54 PM »
I want one for my BB2 conversion.  I need to keep the EBB deck in my BB1 D/S intact for those games that need it.  The OLED deck in the BB2 should be OK for anything I would run on it.

Any Leads for acquiring one?  Anybody??
Steve

Offline Jimise

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #17 on: March 27, 2015, 07:11:17 PM »
Will an oled button panel from a slant top machine fit/work, hook up the same in an upright machine?

Offline idesign

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
« Reply #18 on: March 28, 2015, 06:07:51 AM »
Will an oled button panel from a slant top machine fit/work, hook up the same in an upright machine?

A slant top deck will work in an upright but since it does not attach to the door the same way you will have to come up with some custom hardware to attach it.  Power and communications cabling is the same as an upright.

Offline Jimise

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #19 on: June 14, 2015, 09:45:23 AM »
Where exactly are the 24V aux power connectors? 
What type of power brick can be used? Do they come with the correct connector?(A picture would help  :Tongue_Out:)
Thanks everyone!
What ^^^ said.  I pulled the 24v from one of the aux power connectors.  But some people use a dedicated 24 volt power brick to drive it.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal