New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: S+ no error but doesn't work  (Read 5177 times)

Offline Bassman2277

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • Bassman2277 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
S+ no error but doesn't work
« on: June 30, 2018, 01:17:37 PM »
picked this machine up at a yard sale, its real close to working but not quite.
the machine powers up and goes through all the self test, then lights the coin slot but not the bill and the coins drop straight through.

It has no error codes to work from.
last owner changed from $1 to .25 and I have the spare parts including a processor board.

hopefully its something easy
you guys got my triple diamond working so I know we can get this.

Thanks

Offline Shaggy

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 143
  • Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: S+ no error but doesn't work
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2018, 02:00:45 PM »
Do you mean the insert coin light is on? If so, do you have a sample coin in the comparator? The B/V may need to be enabled. Usually a Set15 will do for that.

Dave
"All things being equal. The easiest explanation and the easiest answer is probably the right one".

Offline Bassman2277

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2018, 02:08:22 PM »
Shaggy
It had a coin inserted improper so I put a coin in it.
also the bill validator goes through its start up however the lights for it don't light up.  I went through the checks and it does work.

Offline Shaggy

• Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2018, 05:15:10 PM »
So still not taking a coin and the B/V doesn't work? Also the inside of the coin optic could have the wrong coin guide for a quarter. If they didn't change it from a dollar to a quarter, it could be missing the coin optics. Also the coin optics could be dirty. Have you tried pushing the pseudo coin button on the comparator board with the door open to see if it will register a credit? Is the insert coin display lit up when the door is closed and latched?

Dave
"All things being equal. The easiest explanation and the easiest answer is probably the right one".

Offline Bassman2277

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2018, 05:21:12 PM »
so i did some losing as I had received other parts and I have a 16mhz board however it has a 10 mhm board in it.  the game is 1019 and the reel is 4663 not sure they work in the 10 mhm board.
I also have a
sp1048 and a SS4665 that are spares possibly the wrong chip set.
what do you think.

Offline Bassman2277

• NLG
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2018, 05:24:27 PM »
I also noticed that the both SP chips are for .01 and .05 cents and this was changed from $1 to $ .25

Offline Shaggy

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2018, 05:27:40 PM »
so i did some losing as I had received other parts and I have a 16mhz board however it has a 10 mhm board in it.  the game is 1019 and the reel is 4663 not sure they work in the 10 mhm board.
I also have a
sp1048 and a SS4665 that are spares possibly the wrong chip set.
what do you think.

The SP1019 is a 16Mhz chip and will not work in a 10Mhz board. The SP1048 is a 10Mhz chip and the SS4665 could be right. What game do you have in it?

Offline Bassman2277

• NLG
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2018, 05:30:09 PM »
MOOLAH
will the .25 work

Offline Shaggy

• NLG
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2018, 05:37:39 PM »
Is the game a 2 coin multiplier? If you have it set to take a penny but have a quarter setup in the comparator and a quarter hopper, the machine doesn't know the difference. A credit is a credit to the machine. It can't tell the difference between a penny and a quarter. One coin is one credit. What we need to find out is, do you have the correct chips etc. The difference will be in the amount of the payout. Is the insert coin display lit up?

Offline Bassman2277

• NLG
« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2018, 05:39:33 PM »
It is a 2 coin multiplier single line.

Offline Shaggy

• NLG
« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2018, 05:42:24 PM »
Is the insert coin display lit up?

Offline Bassman2277

• NLG
« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2018, 05:44:14 PM »
yes however its flashing.

FYI I could change the SP and SS chips

Offline Shaggy

• NLG
« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2018, 05:46:13 PM »
The insert coin display shouldn't flash. Have you checked that MPU battery voltage and looked to see if there is acid damage underneath the battery?

Offline Bassman2277

• NLG
« Reply #13 on: June 30, 2018, 05:47:44 PM »
checked the battery 3.65volts board looks be new.

Offline Shaggy

• NLG
« Reply #14 on: June 30, 2018, 05:49:15 PM »
And putting the 10Mhz chips in might help. 10Mhz boards do weird things with 16Mhz chips. Don't you have another S+ machine that works?

Offline Bassman2277

• NLG
« Reply #15 on: June 30, 2018, 05:51:53 PM »
I'll put the SP1048 set in and let you know.
Yes I have a triple diamond with SP1271, that works fine.

Offline Shaggy

• NLG
« Reply #16 on: June 30, 2018, 05:54:00 PM »
When I test a new one out, I like to try the board from a working machine in it. Quicker than changing chips and tells me if the problem is with the board or the machine.

Offline Bassman2277

• NLG
« Reply #17 on: June 30, 2018, 05:57:11 PM »
I don't mind changing chips and I had a lot of issues getting the other to work.

I did notice the dip switches are set different than my good machine as I have pictures of the board.

Offline Shaggy

• NLG
« Reply #18 on: June 30, 2018, 06:00:09 PM »
You can switch chips and dip switches to match that won't hurt. But we still have issues with it not taking a coin. The flashing insert coin kinda bothers me. I know this may be moot, but you are getting the chips installed the correct way? And they did install the battery with the polarity correct?

Offline Bassman2277

• NLG
« Reply #19 on: June 30, 2018, 06:09:27 PM »
Chips are installed correct and the polarity is correct. the dips just are sounds that are different.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal