New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: IGT S+ slot Code 21 help.. Newbie  (Read 2586 times)

Offline nuudle

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • nuudle New User has no influence.
  • NLG
IGT S+ slot Code 21 help.. Newbie
« on: September 23, 2018, 12:44:37 PM »
I have a IGT S+ with a code 21. I removed the optics, cleaned and re-flowed solder but no luck. Any ideas?

« Last Edit: September 23, 2018, 07:11:18 PM by rokgpsman »

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 278
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
  • Just a curious observer...
Re: IGT S slot Code 21 help.. Newbie
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2018, 12:49:05 PM »
Are you sure your coin comparitor is ok, sample coin installed properly?

Also, it looks like you double-posted about this problem in order to change something. No need to do that, just click on "modify" or the "pencil & paper" icon on your post and make any changes you want to title, message, etc. Those modify icons are on the right side of your post, above and below it.
If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

Offline nuudle

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2018, 01:07:06 PM »
I dont have the coin mech. I figured it took a standard mechanical (non powered) mech as there are no plugs for a powered mech. The part below the mech counts the coins right?

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 242
  • sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2018, 01:10:18 PM »
To use a coin mech you need to remove q4 from optics I believe

Offline nuudle

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2018, 01:46:32 PM »
Gotcha.. So remove one wire from the harness?

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2018, 01:52:55 PM »
NO. That is not how it is done.  Do a search for q4 optics.  I will be back later.  gotta go now.

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2018, 01:55:49 PM »
The cable that goes to the coin comparitor would get connected to the main wiring harness in the door. Someone may have removed that wiring cable that goes to the coin comparitor. That cable for the cc is available if you wanted to add it and then install a normal coin comparitor.

If you can post a photo of the inside of the door showing us what you have there it will be easier for us to give accurate advice.
If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

Offline nuudle

• NLG
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2018, 02:22:00 PM »
Thank you for the help, really appreciate it! I will have my buddy help me post the pics. I tried posting the pics but it says "file to large".. I have no idea how to make them smaller..lol

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2018, 02:25:45 PM »
The photo file size needs to be 1 megabyte or smaller.

Take the photo and send it by email or text to yourself or your buddy. Most of the time it is automatically reduced in size. Then post the reduced copy of the photo here. Or look in the setup for your camera and select the smallest photo size. Many cameras and phones have different sizes for the photos it takes, the default setting is often the largest size and way too big to post here.

Sometimes the amount of help we can give depends on how much you are willing to do to make it less hard for us. Everyone here volunteers their time, no one gets paid for the help they give. just saying,,,,,

The mod to the coin optic board is well documented here, use the search feature near top of screen to look for what has been written about it. Here's two examples:

http://newlifegames.com/nlg/index.php?topic=18665.msg98745#msg98745

http://newlifegames.com/nlg/index.php?topic=21254.msg113140#msg113140

Offline nuudle

• NLG
« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2018, 03:49:53 PM »
Hopefully the pics come through. I removed q4 but still get the same error 21. Thanks in advance for your help, im lost without you guys! I think I have this picture thing down if you need others..lol
« Last Edit: September 23, 2018, 04:35:12 PM by rokgpsman »

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2018, 04:34:20 PM »
I dont have the coin mech. I figured it took a standard mechanical (non powered) mech as there are no plugs for a powered mech. The part below the mech counts the coins right?

TERMINOLOGY:

Coin Mech = purely mechanical coin acceptor, No electricity connected.

Coin Comparitor = electrical powered coin acceptor.

To use a coin mech instead of a coin comparitor do you maybe have to install a jumper on the coin comparitor cable, or change a setting in the setup menus? I'm not sure your problem is with the coin optic boards. Did the machine ever works as-is, without the coin comparitor and its cable?

Would be good to post photo of coin optic board showing the part you removed. In the past sometimes the wrong part got removed and the problem continued.

You can test the coin optic boards, the test is builtin to the machine and accessed by pressing the white TEST button located inside the main part of the machine cabinet. It uses the digital display on the front of the machine to show the test results.

See these instructions:

http://newlifegames.com/nlg/index.php?topic=14723.msg78906#msg78906

Offline nuudle

• NLG
« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2018, 04:42:38 PM »
I got the machine as it is, non working.. I thought it was kinda strange the bill validator and stacker are missing. Also where the denomination is displayed on the front it says "tokens only".. Everything lights up but the reels don't spin when powered up. I'm really hoping to get it going, my kids can't wait to play it... If you need more pics please let me know.. Thank you!!

Offline nuudle

• NLG
« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2018, 04:46:15 PM »
Quick question, In the instructions it says to remove the cc-16 cable. Where is this?   Thank you!

Ok, its the cable that goes to the mech right? I dont have a mech or a cable for it.

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2018, 04:49:59 PM »
Quick question, In the instructions it says to remove the cc-16 cable. Where is this?   Thank you!

Ok, its the cable that goes to the mech right? I dont have a mech or a cable for it.
that is cable that plugs into comparitor, it has a white connector

Take a pic from farther back at optics and the orange wires, and also the right side of where the comparitor should be Sometimes just jiggling those orange wires will clear the 21

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
« Reply #14 on: September 23, 2018, 04:51:45 PM »
The bill validator and stacker were probably removed to sell them, or to install in a different machine, or to remove ability of the machine to use real money. Probably the last thing since they stuck that "tokens only" sign on it.

You should be able to use either a coin mech or a coin comparitor. Both just verify that the inserted coin is legit. The sign "tokens only" refers to when someone had the machine and only wanted tokens to be used, no coins. That's a way to try to stay out of trouble where gambling is not allowed. What coin or token the machine uses is determined by the coin acceptor and how it is configured.

Once the coin acceptor accepts the coin it will drop down thru the space between 2 coin optic boards. If the coin is seen by it passing in front of the optical sensor then a signal is sent to the mpu to put a credit on the machine. After the coin drops past the coin optic boards it is sent to the hopper, unless the overflow diverter sends it to the overflow coin path. That is done by the wire connected to the side of the hopper, it senses when the hopper is getting full of coins.

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2018, 04:56:23 PM »
Have you tested the 3 coin optic sensors?
Does the test button work on the optics?

There is no setting or jumper for comparitor vs mech

Offline nuudle

• NLG
« Reply #16 on: September 23, 2018, 05:02:54 PM »
Im going to test the optics now and shoot a few more pics

Offline nuudle

• NLG
« Reply #17 on: September 23, 2018, 05:27:51 PM »
Heres a few more pics, please let me know if more are needed.. I put into optic test and the first one tested good. I was not able to advance via reset key though. Tried everything I could think of to test the other 2 optics but no luck.

Offline nuudle

• NLG
« Reply #18 on: September 23, 2018, 05:34:32 PM »
So it looks like the previous owner took the coin comparitor and cable.. I have mechanical mechs, can those be used or do I have to get the CC and cable?

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #19 on: September 23, 2018, 05:46:06 PM »
Comparitor plugs into that orange harness.  There should be a connector with nothing plugged into it until you get the comparitor harness. 

To other question: That's what removing q4 is supposed to allow, using a mech instead of a comparitor.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal