New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: S+ door optics needed  (Read 8821 times)

Offline MadTech

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • MadTech New User has no influence.
  • NLG
S+ door optics needed
« on: December 10, 2015, 01:35:45 PM »
I am looking for S+ Door Optics, I have tried HAPP and Patriot Gaming.
Is there a way to eliminate them that I am not aware of?

Offline Shaggy

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 143
  • Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: S+ door optics needed
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2015, 02:12:38 PM »
Welcome to NLG. Yes they can be bypassed but it's not really recommended. Do you have one of the later style machines? When you open the door is there a white switch not being used in a bracket there? If so that can be used to bypass the optics. Have you checked the vendors on the home page? CV slots, Midwestslots, Rudy's deals? One of them may have the optics.

http://newlifegames.net/nlg/index.php?topic=16714.msg141959#msg141959.

Here is a link to door optic bypass for an S+. If you scroll down to stayouttadabunker's post there is a picture of what I'm talking about.

Dave
"All things being equal. The easiest explanation and the easiest answer is probably the right one".

Offline MadTech

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2015, 06:03:21 AM »
Thanks!
Anyone know of optic replacements?
S2000 wont work will they?

Offline Shaggy

• Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2015, 06:21:05 AM »
All I can tell you is the S2000 optic look the same. I checked an S2k and an S+  and they look identical. Now do they work the same??? If I had a set of S2000 optics, I'd give them a try. What's it gonna hurt?

Dave

MT I just figured I'd ask.
"All things being equal. The easiest explanation and the easiest answer is probably the right one".

Offline Shaggy

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2015, 06:35:10 AM »
Thanks!
Anyone know of optic replacements?
S2000 wont work will they?

Ohio Gaming says S2000s will work.

Dave

Offline MadTech

• NLG
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2015, 07:06:12 AM »
Thanks;
I did try some S2K optics but they did not work; I'm not positive ther were good though?

I was told that S+ was AC and S2K was DC? my sorce was not the best.

I will order some S2K optics and just try them.

Thanks again for the quick replies.

Offline Jim

• 1-513-984-2201
  • Supporting Vendors
  • Reputation Power: 300
  • Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2015, 07:17:13 AM »
S-2000 door optics can be used on an S+ machine.  how do you know they are bad?  did you do  the #13 input test, this will tell you without a doubt if the  optics are working. there are other items that could cause the optics not to work.  find out what your problem is before you start replacing parts.both S+ and S-2000 are digital signals that operate the optics, so they are both DC voltages, one is +5vdc and the other is +VB 8-10vdc.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2015, 07:40:14 AM by Jim »

Signature:
MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma, Bally Alpha's , Williams-550, DOTS, BBU I don't have a WEB SITE, HOWEVER, I have hundreds of parts and reel strips and glass. If you need something, call or send me a pm. 

Offline MadTech

• NLG
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2015, 10:01:05 AM »
The wire is broken off right at the reciever optic; to close to solder back on.

Offline MadTech

• NLG
« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2015, 10:04:17 AM »
Thanks all, I will have new S2K optics tomorow. then I will know for sure.

Offline Shaggy

• NLG
« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2015, 08:01:56 AM »
Any luck on your optics repair?

Dave

Offline MadTech

• NLG
« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2015, 09:21:41 AM »
Not yet, the S2K optics havent shown up yet?
I will post what I find soon I hope.

Offline Shaggy

• NLG
« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2016, 04:29:06 PM »
Did you ever get your machine going? I've been wondering.

Dave

Offline shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 269
  • shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2016, 05:03:20 PM »
 :Eating_Popcorn:
Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline Shaggy

• NLG
« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2016, 07:42:29 PM »
 :agreepost:   I told you our sense of humor is the same.     :24:

Offline MadTech

• NLG
« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2016, 06:27:04 AM »
Nope
2 new sets of S2k Optics (emiter and recievers) no go.
moved the reciever from another S+ and it works just fine.
Tried the S2k optics in the working S+ and no go in that one either?

Offline Shaggy

• NLG
« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2016, 07:24:14 AM »
Well I'm glad you got it going. But I'm sorry the S2ks didn't work.  I put out the question and got the answer and passed it to you. Anyway you know it runs now and that was the mission. Everyone who has them advertises them for an S+ or S2000. I don't get it. Maybe I'm missing something......

Dave

Offline MadTech

• NLG
« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2016, 08:03:51 AM »
Thanks
I don't get it either? the venders say that they will work but Techs here at work told me they wouldn't and our Area Techs said nope.
I was being hopeful; cant believe it is so hard to find S+ optics?
you are right atleast it works but I still have a game down, hate to use it for a parts machine because of a bad optic.

Thanks all
Sorry I didn't post back sooner.
Larry

Offline Shaggy

• NLG
« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2016, 08:37:49 AM »
Larry maybe the optic bypass is the road to take on that machine. You wouldn't have a machine down that way. If you use the cherry switch method it will work like the optics. When the door is opened it makes the candle flash and halts play until you close the door. Reply #1.

Dave

Offline MadTech

• NLG
« Reply #18 on: February 15, 2016, 08:48:19 AM »
I think I will give it a try?
It isn't acessable right now, I got discusted and buaried it in storage so it may be awhile.
Thanks again

I will post the results when I get back to it.

Larry

Offline Shaggy

• NLG
« Reply #19 on: February 15, 2016, 09:55:39 AM »
Sounds good. We'll wait to hear from you.

Dave

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal